Confederação Brasileira de Automobilismo (CBA) press relalease.
“We would like to reiterate our full support for CBA and Ricardo Gracia (Speed Park) to host the OK & OK Junior Karting World Championships in Birigui, Brazil, on the next December 5th”. These were the words used by FIA´s President Jean Todt at the beginning of a message addressed last week to the European karting community.
Also signed by Felipe Massa, president of the FIA ??International Karting Commission, the document praised the intense work carried out so far by the Brazilian organizers and reiterated that “we are in constant dialogue with local authorities to monitor the situation [of Covid-19] and the FIA ??will do everything to ensure the safe and smooth running of the event”. The letter was also sent to Gracia, Giovanni Guerra (president of CBA) and James Geidel, from RGMMC, the promoting company.
For the organizer Ricardo Gracia, Jean Todt’s action was added to the various efforts already undertaken to reaffirm the seriousness and credibility of companies and bodies committed to the World Championship.
Owner of Speed ??Park, an entertainment and Motorsport complex approved by the FIA ??Karting, Gracia has been in several karting competitions in Europe to promote the World Championship in Brazil and, in some of them, he was accompanied by Giovanni Guerra. On these occasions, he distributed material and explained in person how the championship will be in Brazil. In order to further reinforce the promotion, he set up a stand, together with Embratur, at the last round of the FIA Karting European Championship, OK and OK Junior, in Zuera, Spain.
Safety and benefits
“Talking with parents of drivers, team owners, manufacturers, press, sponsors and suppliers, I had the opportunity to explain, in detail, the speed of vaccination in the State of São Paulo, the safety provided by the efficient fight against the pandemic, and even more the numbers that guarantee security in Birigui. Not to mention the benefits offered by us to all participants”, he explained.
The Brazilian organizer is offering, at no cost to European teams, the following benefits:
– All equipment to be used at the World Championship will be transported by air from Italy to Brazil;
– At the end of the World Championship, the chassis will return to Europe by sea and the engines by air;
– All drivers, from their origin countries to Birigui, will land in Rio Preto or Araçatuba, according to their convenience;
– After landing, all transfers, without exception, will be provided by the organization by means of state-of-the-art vehicles in terms of safety and comfort; the benefit will only be terminated when the last participant arrives at the airport, returning home;
– Five nights of accommodation and complete meals for drivers and mechanics;
– All medical issues, on or off track, will be the responsibility of the Prevent Senior hospitals and laboratories network;
– Permanent and temporary installations in order to ensure technical, sporting, sanitary and work safety throughout the World Championship.
Although the travel from Europe to Brazil is covered by the participants, the organization provided special rate air packages.
“When the Speed Park was designed, we already took into consideration all the FIA requirements for the approval of the complex and to host a competition on the scale of the Brazilian National Championship and the FIA Karting World Championship. The national competition, which we hosted last December, served to show to Brazilian karting community everything we have to offer. Now, it’s time to show the world our organizational capacity. Everything is ready”, said Gracia.
By “everything is ready” we also mean the track. “We had until September to make all the improvements requested by the FIA, but we were able to fully comply with the specifications in July. When FIA sent an inspector for a preliminary inspection, He found everything completed”, celebrated the organizer.
Registration for the OK and OK Junior FIA Karting World Championship are now open, including advantages for drivers who secure a spot as soon as possible:
Until 09.15.2021 – 760 €
From 16.09.2021 to 22.09.2021 – 1140 €
Additional information and registration:
Info CBA / Photo © Speed Park