In order to provide you with answers to any questions you may have about the way in which cookies are used on our site, in particular the origin and use of navigational information processed during your visit, we have constructed this section, following the recommendations of the “Guide to good practice concerning the use of advertising cookies” drawn up under the aegis of the Union Française du Marketing Direct & Digital.
What is a cookie?
When you visit our site, information relating to your device’s (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) navigation of our site may be recorded in text files called “cookies”, installed on your device, subject to your choices concerning cookies, which you can modify at any time. Only the issuer of a cookie is likely to read or modify the information contained therein.
Cookies that can be installed
When you connect to our site, we may install various cookies in your terminal to enable us to recognize your browser during the validity period of the cookie concerned, and to enable us to:
– to establish statistics and frequency of visits and use of the various elements of our site, allowing us to improve the interest and ergonomics of our services;
– to adapt the presentation of our site to the display preferences of your device (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to our site, depending on the hardware and the viewing or reading software that your device has installed;
– to store information relating to a form that you have filled out on our site (registration or access to your account) or to products, services or information that you have chosen on our site (service subscribed to, contents of your shopping cart, etc.);
– to allow you to access reserved and personal areas of our site, such as your Customer Area, thanks to identifiers or data that you may have previously entrusted to us;
– to implement security measures, for example when you are asked to reconnect to a content area or service after a certain period of time;
– to adapt our offer to your navigation of our site, to submit product recommendations;
– insofar as you have provided us with personal data concerning yourself, in particular your electronic contact details, when you register or access one of our services, we may combine navigation information relating to your device, processed by the cookies we issue, with your personal data in order to send you, for example, electronic marketing or to display on your device, within advertising spaces containing cookies we issue, personalised advertising specifically intended for you and which may be of personal interest to;
– to adapt the advertising content displayed on your device in our advertising spaces according to the personal data you have provided us with.
Cookies issued by third parties
The types of cookies used
Cookies that are strictly necessary: This is a list of cookies necessary for the use of our site allowing you to add to your basket, to access your customer area…
Analytical cookies: They enable us to analyse what is happening on our site in order to improve its performance and the way we present our content to you. In particular, they measure your navigation (the pages most viewed, the pages you leave our site from, the duration of your visit, etc.).
Functional cookies: They enable us to offer you additional functionalities on the site and to personalise our services and content. For example: not to display the “pre-home” when you have already seen it (welcome banner when you arrive on the site) or to memorise your choice of navigation when you tell us from your mobile phone that you prefer to browse the classic site
This list is not exhaustive and evolves according to the functionality set up.
Advertising cookies issued by third parties: Our site is likely to contain cookies issued by third parties (communication agency, audience measurement company, targeted advertising service provider, etc.) and allowing the latter, during the period of validity of these cookies:
– to collect browsing information relating to the devices viewing our site,
– to determine the advertising content that may correspond to the centres of interest deduced from the previous navigation of the device concerned.
Note: Refusal of advertising cookies does not result in the termination of advertising on our website or on the Internet. This only results in the viewing of advertisements that are not related to your interests.
This list is not exhaustive and changes according to the partnerships initiated.
Social Network Cookies
We may include on our site computer applications from third parties, which allow you to share content from our site with others or to let others know your view of, or opinion about, content on our site. This is notably the case for the “Share” and “Like” buttons on social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, etc.
The social network is likely to identify you thanks to this button, even if you did not use it during your use of our site. This type of application button may allow the social network concerned to follow your navigation on our site, simply because your social network account was activated on your device (open session) during your navigation on our site.
We have no control over the process used by social networks to collect information related to your browsing on our site and associated with the personal data they have in their possession. We invite you to consult the privacy protection policies of these social networks in order to be aware of the purposes of use, including advertising, of the browsing information they may collect through these application buttons. These protection policies must allow you to exercise your choices with these social networks, in particular by setting up your accounts for use of each of these networks.
Your choices regarding cookies
You can choose, at any time, to express and modify your wishes regarding cookies by the following means:
The choices offered to you by your browser software
You can configure your browser software to save cookies to your device or to reject them, either systematically or according to their originator. You can also configure your browser software so that you are prompted to accept or decline cookies on a case-by-case basis before a cookie is likely to be stored on your device.
Simply go to your browser’s help menu to find out how to change your cookie preferences.
– For Internet Explorer™
– For Chrome™
– For Firefox™
– For Opera™
Your choices expressed on line to interprofessional platforms
You can connect to the www.youronlinechoices.com website, created by digital advertising professionals grouped within the European association EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance) and managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France.
You will be able to find out which companies working in the field of advertising are registered on this platform and which offer you the possibility of refusing or accepting the cookies they use to adapt, according to your browsing information, advertisements likely to be displayed on your device: www.youronlinechoices.com.
This European platform is shared by hundreds of Internet advertising professionals and provides a centralised interface allowing you to express your refusal or acceptance of cookies as specified above. This procedure will not prevent the display of advertisements on the websites you visit. It will only block technologies that allow ads to be tailored to your interests.
“Flash”© cookies from “Adobe Flash Player”™
“Adobe Flash Player”™ is a computer application that allows the rapid development of dynamic content using the “Flash” computer language. Flash (and similar applications) memorises the parameters, preferences and use of these contents thanks to a technology similar to cookies.
However, “Adobe Flash Player”™ manages this information and your choices via an interface different to that provided by your browser software.
To the extent that your device is likely to view content developed using Flash language, we invite you to access your Flash cookie management tools directly from the website at www.adobe.com.
The cookie agreement
The installation of a cookie to a device is essentially subject to the will of the device user, which the latter may express and modify at any time and free of charge through the choices offered by his browser software.
If you have accepted in your browser software the installation of cookies in your device, the cookies integrated in the pages and content that you have consulted may be temporarily stored in a dedicated space on your device. They will only be readable by their originator.
Refusal of cookies
If you refuse to save cookies on your terminal, or if you delete those saved on your terminal, you will no longer be able to benefit from a certain number of functionalities which are nevertheless necessary to navigate in certain areas of our site, such as for example:
– If you try to access our content or services that require you to identify yourself,
– When we or our service providers cannot recognise, for technical purposes, the type of browser used by your device, its language and display settings, or the country from which your device appears to be connected to the Internet.
We would like to inform you that refusing to install or deleting cookies necessary for full navigation on our site may result in the degraded functioning of our services. This choice, which is personal to you, is made at your own risk and its consequences cannot be considered to be our fault.
What is the purpose of the cookies accompanying our advertising content distributed by third parties?
When you access a site containing advertising spaces filled by one of our advertisements, this advertisement is likely to contain a cookie.
This cookie can, subject to your choices, be stored in your device and allow us to recognise your browser during the validity period of the cookie concerned, and to calculate the sums due to the elements of the advertising distribution chain (communication agency, advertising sales house, site/distribution medium) and to establish statistics.
Why do advertisers show advertisements adapted to your navigation?
It’s a matter of presenting you with the most relevant ads possible. To this end, cookie technology makes it possible to determine in real time which ad to display on a device, based on its recent browsing on one or more sites or applications.
You may prefer to see ads that are relevant to your interests rather than ads that are of no interest to you. Likewise, advertisers who wish to see their ads displayed are interested in displaying their offers to users who are likely to be most interested in them.
If you share the use of your device with others
If your device is used by more than one person and you have more than one browser on your device, we cannot be certain that the services and advertisements for your device are appropriate for your use of your device and not for the use of another user of your device.
In such cases, sharing the use of your device with others and configuring your browser’s cookie settings is your choice and responsibility.