A new multi-coloured highlighted and underlined document using capital and bold letters has been added to those already available on the Zuera event guide: Code of Conduct. It is likely that this move follows the Severiukhin case in Portimao, the outcome of which is awaited after the recent FIA hearing on April 21 .
“Code of conduct : reminder
• Reminder to the Competitors, Entrants, Mechanics and everyone present in an FIA Karting Paddock that, as per Article 1.2 of the FIA Statutes and Article 1.3 of the FIA International Sporting Code :
• That absolutely no tolerance for the manifestation of discrimination towards race, skin colour,
gender, sexual orientation, ethnic or social origin, language, religion, philosophical or political opinion, family situation or disability will be accepted. This stance is applicable towards other Competitors, Entrants, Mechanics and all Officials
• That discrimination linked to the above is a major infringement of the FIA International Sporting Code and is as such sanctionable.
• That FIA Karting Championships are meant to reflect the highest level of the sport of Karting.
• That all of you represent the brand, and as such, the values of the team/factory/sponsors that are on
your racing suit and kart.
• That we encourage anyone that suffers from discrimination to contact an FIA official and report the offence. Based on the offence, an official report will be made to the Event’s Stewards for their
consideration and potential action.”