In karting, each organiser is accustomed to choosing the format of their own events and they tend to differ according to the preferences of each. In Bahrain, the sporting scheme will differ according to the number of drivers entered in each category. 72 drivers have qualified in Mini Max, Junior Max, Senior Max and DD2, 36 in Micro Max and DD2 Master and 18 in E-20. Here is what awaits them…
Micro Max – DD2 Master – E-20
– Timed Practice: 8 minutes in Micro Max and DD2 Master, 5 minutes in E-20
– Qualifying Heats: two per driver, start given according to the order of Timed Practice
– Prefinal: All drivers who qualify start according to the order of the two Qualifying Heats
– Final: Start given according to the order of the Prefinal
Mini Max – Junior Max – Senior Max – DD2
– Timed Practice: 8 minutes
– Qualifying Heats: Drivers divided into groups A, B, C and D. Three heats per driver, start given according to the order of Timed Practice
– Prefinal A / Prefinal B: The total points from the Qualifying Heats defines the starting order of the Prefinals. Drivers with an odd-numbered classification start in Prefinal A, even-numbered drivers in Prefinal B.
– Starting grid for the Final: The points obtained in the Prefinal (*) are added to those obtained in the Qualifying Heats. A new ranking is thus established. Please note that a driver disqualified in the Prefinal cannot start the Final. Only the top 36 drivers in this ranking participate in the Final.
– Final: Start for the 36 best drivers, according to the order of the ranking established after adding the points of the heats and the Prefinal
* In Mini, Junior Max, Senior and DD2, the term “Prefinal” corresponds rather to a “Super Heat” which completes the qualification process, in the spirit of the sporting scheme of the Winter Cup in Lonato.
Info Kartcom / Photo © KSP