In a 9-page document downloadable here, the CIK-FIA details all the sanitary rules to be respected during the 1st round of the 2020 FIA Karting European Championship in Zuera. The subject is taken very seriously and everything will be done to ensure that the measures are effective.
The aim of the CIK-FIA is to provide reference guidelines and relevant information to facilitate a consistent and practical approach to competition in a COVID-19 operational environment. The goal is to help ensure that a motor sport competition can be planned and executed in accordance with the most relevant practices and national public health guidelines and regulations through the provision of health guidelines relevant to all stakeholders and a robust framework for the detection, isolation and management of one or more persons infected with COVID-19 during a competition.
Here are the key points:
– presentation of a completed form on arrival at the circuit
– electronic control of body temperature (38° max)
– permanent wearing of the protective mask throughout the paddock
– minimum distance of 1.5m between people
– lack of spectators
– digital briefing
– limitation of the regrouping phases (parcs fermés, press conferences, catering, …)
Info Kartcom – source FIA Karting