At its meeting on 4th December 2013 in Paris, the World Motor Sport Council of the FIA made the following decisions on the basis of the proposals of the International Karting Commission:
- Reduced entry fee by about 20%.
- Removal of the deposit at registration (except for the Academy Trophy).
- Reduction of the duration of meetings: Installing the paddock on Wednesday, free practice from Thursday, timed qualifying on Friday afternoon.
- Reducing the number of tyres allowed from free practice to the final, four new sets for the KF, KZ and KZ2 categories, three new sets for KF Junior and two new sets for the Academy Trophy. All drivers may use a set of tyres to start free practice.
- Introduction of a Wild Card for drivers who wish to participate in a single event of a championship that has several events.
- Deadline extended to five weeks before the first race and at a higher entry fee rate when registering no later than one week after the deadline.
- Removal of one of the two prefinals if the number of entries is less than 75.
- Removal of the parc ferme tyres, tyres will be equipped with a barcode and controlled with the MiniRae Lite device.
The 2014 CIK-FIA calendar will have only one event for each World KF, KZ and KF Junior Championships, the European Championships will be held over four events in KF and KF-Junior, three events in KZ, KZ2 and the Academy Trophy, and two events in Superkart.
May 11; La Conca (ITA) - CIK-FIA European KF Championship, 1st round - CIK-FIA European KF-Junior Championship, 1st round
June 1; Zuera (ESP) - CIK-FIA European KF Championship, 2nd round - CIK-FIA European KF-Junior Championship, 2nd round
June 15; Genk (BEL) - CIK-FIA European KF Championship, 3rd round - CIK-FIA European KZ Championship, 1st round - CIK-FIA European KZ2 Championship, 1st round - CIK-FIA Karting Academy Trophy, 1st round
July 13, Wackersdorf (DEU) - CIK-FIA European KZ Championship, 2nd round - CIK-FIA European KZ2 Championship, 2nd round - CIK-FIA Karting Academy Trophy, 2nd round
27 July; Kristianstad (SWE) - CIK-FIA European KF-Junior Championship, 3rd round - CIK-FIA European KZ Championship, 3rd round - CIK-FIA European KZ2 Championship, 3rd round
August 3; Assen (NLD) - CIK-FIA European Superkart Championship, 1st round
August 31; PF International (GBR) - CIK-FIA European KF Championship, 4th round - CIK-FIA European KF-Junior Championship, 4th round
September 21; Essay (FRA) - CIK-FIA World KF Championship - CIK-FIA World KF-Junior Championship
October 5; Val de Vienne (FRA) - CIK-FIA European Superkart Championship, 2nd round
October 12; Sarno (ITA) - CIK-FIA World KZ Championship - CIK-FIA Karting Academy Trophy, 3rd round - CIK-FIA International KZ2 Super Cup
The FIA World Motor Sport Council has also taken decisions concerning the selection of tenders for the CIK-FIA Championships, Cups and Trophies as follows:
- Total has been selected for the exclusive supply of fuel in the 2014 & 2015 CIK-FIA European Superkart Championship.
- Panta has been selected for the exclusive supply of fuel in the 2014 CIK-FIA Championships for categories I & II.
- Dunlop has been selected for the exclusive supply of CIK homologated slick tyres, category “Prime”, in the 2014 CIK-FIA World KF Championship and CIK-FIA European KF Championship.
- Vega has been selected for the exclusive supply of CIK homologated slick tyres, category “Option”, in the 2014 CIK-FIA World KF-Junior Championship and CIK-FIA European KF-Junior Championship.
- Bridgestone has been selected for the exclusive supply of CIK homologated slick tyres, category “Prime”, in the 2014 CIK-FIA World KZ Championship, CIK-FIA European KZ Championship, CIK-FIA European KZ2 Championship and CIK-FIA KZ2 International Super Cup.
- Bridgestone has been selected for the exclusive supply of CIK homologated slick tyres, category “Option”, in the 2014 CIK-FIA Academy Trophy.
Le Florida Winter Tour 2014 est en approche puisque le 1er départ aura lieu dans un peu plus d'un mois. Le schéma reste classique avec 6 meetings sur 3 circuits. A chaque fois, le FWT Formula Kart Racing ouvre le bal pour les 4 catégories TaG, les 2 Shifter et cette année le Briggs LO206 Challenge. La semaine suivante, le FWT Rotax Max Challenge prend la suite sur la même piste pour les Micro, Mini, Junior, Senior, Masters, DD2 et DD2 Masters. Les inscriptions en ligne sont ouvertes sur le site www.floridawintertour.com. Une remise de 100 $ est offerte jusqu'au 31 décembre et un étalement du paiement sur 6 mois est désormais possible via Paypal.
#1 Homestead Karting / Homestead-Miami Speedway
10-12 janvier: FWT Formula Kart Racing
16-19 janvier: FWT Rotax Max Challenge
#2 Ocala Gran Prix
7-9 février: FWT Formula Kart Racing
13-16 février: FWT Rotax Max Challenge
#3 Orlando Kart Center
14-16 mars: FWT Formula Kart Racing
20-23 mars: FWT Rotax Max Challenge
BRP Powertain wants to annonate the launch of the Tillotson carburetor for a Rotax Max engine.
- A Tillotson acrburetor for a Rotax Max Engine was not initiated nor it has been technically approved by BRP Powertrain.
- Using a Tillotson carburetor aon a Rotax Max Engine eliminates every warranty claim.
- It is not legal to use a Tillotson carburetor in any national Rotax Max Challenge (RMC) and Internationale or zone Rotax Max Challenge (IRMC).
- Ther is no intention for BRP Powertrain to change the carburetor supllier from Dell'Orto to Tillotson.
Info Rotax BRP
For the 2014 MSA British Junior Kart Championship competitors will draw for two Vortex KF Junior engines to use at each round of the Super One Series. The engines will be supplied by their UK agents, Strawberry Racing and they will all be checked for uniformity. This initiative will dramatically lower the costs of competing in the most prestigious series for Junior drivers in the UK, with the British crown the ultimate accolade. Drivers like Anthony Davidson and Paul Di Resta have this title on their CVs before becoming Formula 1 drivers.
Super One welcomes new partners for the class in McLaren Mercedes Formula 1 team and John Surtees with associated prizes of McLaren Technology Centre VIP visits, sessions with their F1 engineers and fitness coaches. This will be associated with on-going advice on the driver's career and progression. These join with Bridgestone and their supplier Zip Kart and new series title sponsor SSM Stevenage Sheet Metal.
It's estimated that the cost per round for KF Junior is £1800 per weekend, this is including dry and wet tyres, test tyres and fuel and unlike the other classes this includes the cost of two engine hires. Compare that to other international KF Junior events and the difference is dramatic.
Strawberry Racing's Managing Director Paul Spencer said: "We are very excited to be part of this new initiative and are very sure it is a step in the right direction to cut the cost of competing in the Junior British Championship. Engines will be prepared to a very high standard but importantly the specification will remain stable all through the year." The MSA has given their full backing to the pooled engine project as well as the major teams. The class enjoys support from Ricky Flynn Motorsport, ZipKart, SWRD (Wright karts), Millennium Motorsport, Mick Barrett Racing, S8 Racing, AIM Motorsport and Forza amongst others. Could you too follow in the footsteps of the like of Jehan Daruvala and Jake Dennis?
A breakdown of the costs of competing can be found on the registration form at
But remember the easiest and cheapest way to register is on line at the Super One website.
Info TSR Productions / © Photo Chris Walker